The chefs at Café Salle Pleyel are itinerant, like the musicians who play in the adjacent concert hall. Currently at the stove is Mauro Colagreco. Closed for dinner and weekends except when there is a performance.
Book Reading & Signing
- December 18 (Saturday) at Spring Boutique: contributing editor Alexander Lobrano will be hanging out, sipping Champagne and signing/selling copies of the new edition of his must-have guide to Paris restaurants (Hungry for Paris). The reading will begin around 5pm but the festivities will continue until 8pm at 52 Rue de l’Arbre Sec, 75001.
Free Wine Tastings
- December 18 (Friday) at La Dernière Goutte: a free “2 1/2 Happy Hours” tasting with wine and chutney from Clothilde from 5-7:30pm at 6 rue de Bourbon le Château, 75006.
- December 18 (Saturday)at Les Caves Augé: A free tasting among “Vignerons de Champagne”, including Didier Gimonnet, Jérôme Prevost, Olivier Collin, Michel Drappier, Larmandier Bernier, Vouette et Sorbée, Anselme Selosse, Egly Ouriet, Lassaigne, Beaufort, Horiot, Jacquesson. From 11am-7pm at 16 Boulevard Haussmann, 75008.
This historic spot is known for oysters and grand platters of fruits de mer, as well as its classified, Louis Majorelle - designed art deco toilettes.
- December 10 (Friday) at La Cuisine: A holiday party & book signing with three of our favorite Paris authors: contributing editor Alexander Lobrano (Hungry for Paris), David Lebovitz (Ready for Dessert) and Heather Stimmler-Hall (Naughty Paris). Stop by to say hello, sip Champagne, nibble Comté from 6-8pm at 80 quai de l’Hôtel de Ville, 75004.
Free Wine Tastings
- December 10 (Friday) at La Dernière Goutte: a free “2 1/2 Happy Hours” tasting with wine and cheese from 5-7:30pm at 6 rue de Bourbon le Château, 75006.
- December 11 (Saturday) at Les Caves Taillevent: a free tasting of suggested holiday wines, “Noël provençal: quels vins pour le sublimer?” From 10am-5pm at 199 rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré 75008.
- December 11 (Saturday) at La Dernière Goutte: a free tasting with Isabelle Champart from Mas Champart (Saint-Chinian), Jean Gardiés (Cotes du Roussillon Villages) and Champagne maker Franck Pascal, who will be pouring the prize-winning Sagesse Brut Nature and other bubbles. From 11am-7:30pm at 6 rue de Bourbon le Château, 75006.
Paid Wine Tastings
- December 10-11 (Friday & Saturday) at the Carrousel du Louvre: Le Grand Tasting, a two-day tasting event hosted by Bettane & Desseauve and featuring winemakers from all over France, including many top producers from Bordeaux, Burgundy, and Champagne (consult list here). The price of entry is €20 for one day and €25 for both days and includes a Riedel wine glass for tasting. From 10:30am-8:30pm on Friday and 10:30am-7:30pm on Saturday at 99 rue de Rivoli, 75001.
Régis’ fantastic oysters come from the Marenne-Oleron and are available for dégustation on the spot in the pale blue and white dining room, or to take home.
Whether or not you believe YOOM serves the most authentic dim sum in Paris may depend on whether or not you've been to Hong Kong. Now with two locations, the original on rue des Martyrs, and an outpost in the 6th.
Free (or really cheap) Wine Tastings in Paris
- December 3 (Friday) at La Dernière Goutte: a free “Happy Hour” tasting with winemaker Julien Labat (Jura) accompanied by a good Comté from the same region. From 4:30-7:30pm at 6 rue de Bourbon le Château, 75006.