Coutume & Lomi Trophy at Coffee Championships
One of the best things about last weekend’s Salon Success Food, other than the name itself, was the French Coffee Championship competition that was part of it.
BBS (which stands for Barista Bartender Solutions, a name that just screams Success Food) took home both 1st and 3rd place in the Barista competition, but Kevin Ayers from Coutume snagged 2nd place.
Coutume also picked up a 3rd place trophy for Latté Art (via Mati Touis), but Cafe Lomi‘s Magdalena Bronzinska took home 1st place for her foamy rendition of… what exactly? We wish we knew. But we do know that Café Lomi is organizing an atelier to learn Latté Art on March 29, and you can read more about it on their Facebook page.
- Full results from the Championnats de France du Café
- Our Guide to Decent Coffee
- Percolating in Paris: A New Coffee Scene
- Primer: Ordering Coffee in Paris
- What to Expect When You’re Cupping