For true connoisseurs of the cold stuff, the end of summer does not spell the end of ice cream. Here are the five Paris glaciers where we most often go – in any season – to get our licks.
Five Great Places for Ice Cream:
- Berthillon – Famous, delicious, and closed in August.
- Pozzetto – David Lebovitz called this “the best gelato in Paris.” That was before Grom had opened…
- Grom – The best of Italy on the rue de Seine.
- Martine Lambert – Forget Italy, this is the best of Normandy.
- Raimo – As long-running, classic & delicious as Berthillon. (The original shop is way out in the 12th, but they now have shops in the 4th and 5th.)
Rejects: It Mylk
About our process: For each topic, we begin with a little research to identify options. We then ask our readers, by posting a question in the forum, to offer additional suggestions. From that discussion, we compile a list of candidates and ask our panel of contributing advisors to rank their top choices and identify any rejects. Their rankings are weighted, analyzed, and compiled into a new Five Great post every week.
More delicious Five Great lists:
- Five Great for Dinner in Montmartre
- Six Great for Wild Game
- Five Great with Kids
- Five Great for a Box of Chocolates
- Five Great for Groups
- Five Great for Vegetarians
- Five Great for Outdoor Dining
- Five Great Places for Oysters
- Five Great Places for Sunday Dinner
- Five Great Steak Frites
- Five Great Baguettes