- Our Guide to Paris
- About the Mouth
- Discussion Forum
- Tours & Tastings
- Taste of Montmartre
- Best of the Marais Food Tour
- Taste of the Historic Les Halles Market District
- Taste of the Latin Quarter
- Tour de Fromage – exploring the exceptional cheeses of France
- Sweet Paris: the Chocolate & Pastry Extravaganza
- The Bar à Vin Scene: Wine Bars of Eastern Paris
- Taste of Saint-Germain
There’s more to life than cheese and pastry (at least for some of us), and the good news is that there is actually some decent Chinese regional cooking to be had in Paris, whether you’re craving dim sum or fiery Hunan fare.
We asked our contributing advisors where they go for a far-eastern fix that won’t break the bank. You should be able to get out of most of these places for under 20€, depending on how much Tsing Tao you drink. If you want a wallet-buster, head to Shang Palace.
- L’Orient d’Or Get a heat-loving group together for a meal at this Hunanese table in the 9th. We’ll see you there.
- La Taverne de Zhao We love this cool little canalside canteen for cheap and cheerful cooking from the Shaanxi province.
- Likafo Sophie Brissaud says this is “le seul restaurant cantonais de Paris dont la qualité est égale à celle que je trouve à Canton.” As good as in Guangzhou, you guys.
- Les Delices de Shandong Craving tripe with chilies? Pork ears with cucumbers? This is your table.
- Happy Nouilles Soups made with hand-pulled noodles are the draw at this bright dive in the 3rd.
About our process: For each topic, we begin with a little research to identify options. We then ask our readers, by posting a question in the forum, to offer additional suggestions. From that discussion, we compile a list of candidates and ask our panel of contributing advisors to rank their top choices and identify any rejects. Their rankings are weighted, analyzed, and compiled into a new Five Great post every week. Runners up are places who received more positive votes than negative comments. Rejects are places that received only negative comments with no positive votes.
- Daniel vs. Danny Rose: the battle for America-in-Paris
- Ridha Khadher wins the Best Baguette in Paris competition
- Paris by Foot, for Boston
- Mimolette on Lockdown
- Passard’s Poubelles
- Pop-up brew pub pairs craft beer & comfort food
- Terroirs d’Avenir opens in Paris
- Jacques Genin has stopped making pastry
- RIP: Spring Boutique closes its doors
- Food by Fashion: The Sporting Project pops again
- Agapé Substance now a little light in the kitchen
- Paris’ First Pop-Up Beer Bar
- Pierre Jancou spanks magazine for “fradulent” free meal request
- James Henry to show his Bones
- Fashionistas get Fat (Radish) in Paris
- Five Great for a Box of Chocolates
- Five Great for Galette des Rois
- Five Great for Hot Chocolate
- Six Great for Wild Game
- Five Great for Oysters
- Five Great for Crêpes
- Five Great for Last Minute Booking
- Five Great Frenchie Substitutes
- Five Great Places for Outdoor Dining
- Five Great for Ice Cream
- Five Great Steak Frites
- Five Great with Kids
- Five Great for Inexpensive Chinese
- Five Great for Vegetarians
- Five Great for Macarons
Books by Our Contributors