- Our Guide to Paris
- About the Mouth
- Discussion Forum
- Tours & Tastings
- Taste of Montmartre
- Best of the Marais Food Tour
- Taste of the Historic Les Halles Market District
- Taste of the Latin Quarter
- Tour de Fromage – exploring the exceptional cheeses of France
- Sweet Paris: the Chocolate & Pastry Extravaganza
- The Bar à Vin Scene: Wine Bars of Eastern Paris
- Taste of Saint-Germain
There’s an interesting thread going in our discussion forum on the service in Paris restaurants, one that’s asking the question, is it getting worse?
If so, are we talking about reservations and the maddening difficulty of making them (why won’t they answer that phone)?
Is this about the ongoing de-professionalization of front-of-the-house service and the difficulty in finding good help?
Is this simply a matter of cultural difference, the fact that service styles are different everywhere?
And finally, are there Paris restaurants (or individual servers at Paris restaurants) who are doing a great job? What’s the gold standard?
Let us know what you think in the comments.
- Five Great for a Box of Chocolates
- Five Great for Galette des Rois
- Five Great for Hot Chocolate
- Six Great for Wild Game
- Five Great for Oysters
- Five Great for Crêpes
- Five Great for Last Minute Booking
- Five Great Frenchie Substitutes
- Five Great Places for Outdoor Dining
- Five Great for Ice Cream
- Five Great Steak Frites
- Five Great with Kids
- Five Great for Inexpensive Chinese
- Five Great for Vegetarians
- Five Great for Macarons