- Our Guide to Paris
- About the Mouth
- Discussion Forum
- Tours & Tastings
- Taste of Montmartre
- Best of the Marais Food Tour
- Taste of the Historic Les Halles Market District
- Taste of the Latin Quarter
- Tour de Fromage – exploring the exceptional cheeses of France
- Sweet Paris: the Chocolate & Pastry Extravaganza
- The Bar à Vin Scene: Wine Bars of Eastern Paris
- Taste of Saint-Germain
Experience Paris… by Mouth
Tasting Paris is our passion, and it’s also our profession. As food writers, it’s our job to devour delicious things and to understand what makes them special. The Wall Street Journal recently called us “the definitive blog on the city’s food and wine scene,” and we’re now using that knowledge to lead tasting tours through the most exceptional shops in Paris.
- Our small group tours run almost every day of the week (schedule here)
- Our prices (which include generous tastings) are affordable
- We offer the instant gratification of online booking
- Click here to read what previous clients have said about our tours
The Taste of Paris neighborhood food tours
“By mouth” is the best way to experience the most gastronomically gifted neighborhoods in Paris. Whichever area you choose to explore, these tours will introduce you to a wide array of delicious French treats – incredible breads, rare cheeses, rich chocolates & pastries, and other artisanal creations. We’ll show you our favorite tastes, introduce you to the delightful people who made them, and spend several hours stuffing our faces. Price for a small group tour: 95€ per person, including all tastings. More on private tour options here.
- Learn more and book a tour in the Marais
- Learn more and book a tour in the Latin Quarter
- Learn more and book a tour in Saint-Germain
- Learn more and book a tour in Montmartre
Specialized Tours: Cheese, Wine & Dessert
Wine & Cheese Extravaganza
We’ve teamed up with one of our favorite Paris wine shops, La Dernière Goutte, to offer a blow-out wine and cheese tasting that will introduce you to fundamental concepts like terroir and AOC, will help you to understand how production methods and raw materials affect the finished product, and will leave you with an understanding of regional differences… all while sampling a wide variety of artisanal wines and cheeses. You’ll have two knowledgeable guides at your disposal while sampling at least eight different wines and eight different cheeses.
- Price for a small group tour: 105€ per person, including all tastings. More on private tour options here.
- Additional details and calendar of upcoming tours
The Bar à Vin Scene: Wine Bars of Eastern Paris
A new generation of internationally-trained sommeliers and cavistes, sustained by a loyal and discerning local clientele, are challenging the stereotypes of French wine. In this bustling corner of eastern Paris, these wine geeks are offering wines that go beyond the usual Bordeaux and Burgundy classics, in environments much livelier than the zinc-and-formica standby. We’ll visit multiple locations and taste a range of wines that will change with the available selection – anything from Jura Chardonnay to cult cru Beaujolais to sparkling Grolleau from the Loire. The emphasis on what are often called vins natures: vibrant artisanal wines made with a minimum of preservatives and a maximum regard for terroir.
- Price for a small group tour: 95€ per person, including all tastings. More on private tour options here.
- Additional details and calendar of upcoming tours
Sweet Paris: the Chocolate & Pastry Extravaganza
Developed for genuine sugar freaks, this tour skips the savory stuff and dives deep into the sweet universe of chocolate, pastry and other classic French desserts. Whether we’re tasting artisanal ice cream from a man who used to make the stuff for Queen Elizabeth, learning about the art of chocolate while tasting the wares of master chocolatiers, judging the difference between top macaron producers, or digging into the creamy creations from our favorite pâtisseries, this tour is a veritable dessert storm.
- For the moment, we only offer this tour as a private option. More on private tour options here.
- Additional details
- For the sake of other clients on our group tours, we can’t wait more than 20 minutes for late arrivals. See our cancellations policy below & send an email if you need help planning your transport to arrive on time.
- Cancellations Policy: A refund of 75% is available for those who cancel with at least 48 hours advance notice. For those who cancel with less than 48 hours notice, only the unspent tasting fee (20 euros per person) will be refunded. Our tours run rain or shine. Clients who arrive more than 20 minutes late without calling or who don’t show up at all (no-shows) will be treated as last-minute cancellations and only the unspent tasting fee will be refunded.
- Other concerns? Consult our list of Frequently Asked Questions or send an email.
- Five Great for a Box of Chocolates
- Five Great for Galette des Rois
- Five Great for Hot Chocolate
- Six Great for Wild Game
- Five Great for Oysters
- Five Great for Crêpes
- Five Great for Last Minute Booking
- Five Great Frenchie Substitutes
- Five Great Places for Outdoor Dining
- Five Great for Ice Cream
- Five Great Steak Frites
- Five Great with Kids
- Five Great for Inexpensive Chinese
- Five Great for Vegetarians
- Five Great for Macarons