- Our Guide to Paris
- About the Mouth
- Discussion Forum
- Tours & Tastings
- Taste of Montmartre
- Best of the Marais Food Tour
- Taste of the Historic Les Halles Market District
- Taste of the Latin Quarter
- Tour de Fromage – exploring the exceptional cheeses of France
- Sweet Paris: the Chocolate & Pastry Extravaganza
- The Bar à Vin Scene: Wine Bars of Eastern Paris
- Taste of Saint-Germain
The Bar à Vin Scene: Wine Bars of Eastern Paris
A new generation of internationally-trained sommeliers and cavistes, sustained by a loyal and discerning local clientele, are challenging the stereotypes of French wine. In this bustling corner of eastern Paris, these wine geeks are offering wines that go beyond the usual Bordeaux and Burgundy classics, in environments much livelier than the zinc-and-formica standby.
What we’ll taste: We’ll visit multiple locations and taste a range of wines that will change with the available selection – anything from Jura Chardonnay to cult cru Beaujolais to sparkling Grolleau from the Loire. The emphasis on what are often called vins natures: vibrant artisanal wines made with a minimum of preservatives and a maximum regard for terroir.
Your wine guide: Aaron Ayscough, former sommelier and author of the wine blog Not Drinking Poison In Paris, designed the tour to promote exploration in wine, and works to ensure that all participants discover something new – be it an acclaimed winemaker, a rare grape variety, or a wine bar to remember – regardless of prior wine experience.
Price for a small group tour: 95€ per person, including all tastings. More on private tour options here.
- Want to know when this tour runs? Here’s a schedule for all our small group tours.
- For the sake of other clients on our group tours, we can’t wait more than 20 minutes for late arrivals. See our cancellations policy below & send an email if you need help planning your transport to arrive on time.
- Other concerns? Consult our list of Frequently Asked Questions or send an email.
A refund of 75% is available for those who cancel with at least 48 hours advance notice. For those who cancel with less than 48 hours notice, only the unspent tasting fee (20 euros per person) will be refunded. Our tours run rain or shine. Clients who arrive more than 20 minutes late without calling or who don’t show up at all (no-shows) will be treated as last-minute cancellations and only the unspent tasting fee will be refunded.
- Five Great for a Box of Chocolates
- Five Great for Galette des Rois
- Five Great for Hot Chocolate
- Six Great for Wild Game
- Five Great for Oysters
- Five Great for Crêpes
- Five Great for Last Minute Booking
- Five Great Frenchie Substitutes
- Five Great Places for Outdoor Dining
- Five Great for Ice Cream
- Five Great Steak Frites
- Five Great with Kids
- Five Great for Inexpensive Chinese
- Five Great for Vegetarians
- Five Great for Macarons