A deep trove of natural wine, Augé plays host to legendary sidewalk tastings. One of the city’s oldest wine shops.
Address: 116 blvd Haussmann, 75008
Nearest transport: Saint-Augustin (9)
Hours: Monday-Saturday, 10am-7:30pm; closed Sunday
Telephone: 01 45 22 16 97
Reviews of interest
Aaron Ayscough (2011) “Caves Augé deserve some kind of Guinness Book recognition for filling every last square millimeter of their space with well-chosen, largely natural wines…
More than Organic “Marc Sibard has a truly outstanding cellar, but his shop can be an intimidating place for anglophones and non-specialists…”
Pierrick Jégu – L’Express (2009) “Une superbe sélection à l’esprit bio nature.”
Wine Terroirs (2007) “One of the best place to find a wine, from the most sought-after classic top-notch Bordeaux or Burgundy to the best artisan wines…Hundreds of bottles stacked in an early 20th century interior, with lots of wood and the authentic patina of time.”
Dr. Vino (2006) “Many of the producers represented are not exported to the US, which makes it a rewarding exploration for the visiting American wine geek…”
Featured in Clotilde’s Edible Adventures in Paris
Photo by Aaron Ayscough
Having already taken on the unprecedented challenge of publishing (and thereby endorsing) a detailed guide to Paris’ best Beaujolais Nouveau parties, the editorial team decided to put its money where its Mouth is and attend as many as possible in one night.
Meg Zimbeck called it “the Beaujolais Death March”: a tipsy trek from the 14ème to the 11ème. Along the way we met winemakers, shared bottles with strangers, used car roofs as bars, and, completely by accident, obtained actor Willem Dafoe’s opinion on Beaujolais Nouveau (“I prefer full-bodied reds,” he said, before ducking into an anonymous café in an unsuccessful bid to avoid paparazzi).
Continue reading Beaujolais Nouveau Death March: Our 2013 Report
Free (or really cheap) Wine Tastings in Paris
- December 3 (Friday) at La Dernière Goutte: a free “Happy Hour” tasting with winemaker Julien Labat (Jura) accompanied by a good Comté from the same region. From 4:30-7:30pm at 6 rue de Bourbon le Château, 75006.
- December 4 (Saturday) at La Dernière Goutte: a free tasting with three different winemakers from 11am-7:30pm at 6 rue de Bourbon le Château, 75006.
- December 4 (Saturday) at La Cave du Moulin Vieux: a free tasting of Champagnes from the Masion Roederer with Bruno Fritsch. From 10am-8pm at 4 rue de la Butte aux Cailles, 75013.
- December 4 (Saturday) at Les Caves Taillevent: a free tasting of two different whites, “Avec le poisson: Sauvignon du Sancerrois ou Chardonnay de Côte d’Or?” From 10am-7pm at 199 rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré 75008.
- December 4-5 (Saturday & Sunday) at Le Comptoir Général: it’s Festivin, a two day celebration of wine sponsored by Le Vin en Tête (€5). Tastings in the presence of more than 50 winemakers, with food provided by Tartes Kluger and the wine bars Oh Bigre! and le Garde Robe. Workshops offering tastings of wine & chocolate or wine & foie gras. There’s even a cabaret performance from 3-4pm and jazz from 7-8pm on Saturday night. From 11am-8pm on Saturday and 10am-7pm on Sunday at 80 quai de Jemmapes, 75010.
- December 5 (Sunday) at Les Caves Augé: A free tasting of “Maisons Traditionelles de Champagne”, including Billecart Salmon, Krug, Roederer, Veuve Clicquot, Deutz, Taittinger, Bollinger, Jacquesson, Dom Pérignon, Laurent Perrier, Moêt & Chandon, Joseph Perrier, & Pommery. From 11am-7pm at 16 Boulevard Haussmann, 75008.
For more food and wine happenings, check out our calendar of events.
- July 10 (Saturday) at Caves Augé: “Bulle” tasting featuring sparkling wines and ciders, excluding Champagne, from all over France (free). Last big tasting at Augé this season. From 11am-7pm at 116 boulevard Haussmann, 75008.
- June 10 (Saturday) at La Dernière Goutte: Tasting with winemaker Stéphane Robert: Cornas, St Joseph and St Peray. From 11am-7:30pm at 6 rue de Bourbon le Château, 75006.
Paid Tastings, Classes & Wine Events
- July 8 (Thursday) at Spring Boutique: Tasting of four wines – €5 for two six ounce glasses or €10 for all four glasses. From 5-9 pm at 52 rue de l’Arbre Sec, 75001.
- July 9 (Friday) at Spring Boutique: Tasting of four wines – €5 for two six ounce glasses or €10 for all four glasses. From 5-9 pm at 52 rue de l’Arbre Sec, 75001.
- July 10 (Saturday) at Spring Boutique: Tasting of four wines – €5 for two six ounce glasses or €10 for all four glasses. From 5-9 pm at 52 rue de l’Arbre Sec, 75001.
Looking for something later on? Check our full list of Paris Wine Tastings.
Do you have an event to add to this list? Email us at email@example.com