When we learned that Gail Simmons (reigning queen of the Top Chef franchise) would be returning to Paris for the first time in a decade, we asked our Twitter followers to share some favorite spots for food & wine. Your most frequent suggestions? Le Comptoir du Relais, Chez l’Ami Jean, & Gérard Mulot.
At the end of her stay, I caught up with Gail for dinners (she put away two full meals that night) and to ask which mouthfuls had made an impression.
Gail Simmons’ Top Paris Tastes
- The ris de veau (sweetbreads) and fig crumble at Spring Restaurant
- The riz au lait (rice pudding) and pâte de campagne at Chez l’Ami Jean
- The boudin noir (blood sausage) and roast coquelet with potatoes and root vegetables at Le Comptoir du Relais
- The cod with smoked eggplant and pleurotes (king oyster mushrooms) at Frenchie
- The spicy falafel sandwich at L’As du Fallafel
- The apple galette at Poilâne
Your full set of Twitter suggestions