- June 10 (Thursday) at Le Garde Robe: tasting with winemaker Arnaud Combier. 41 rue de l’Arbre Sec, 75001.
- June 11 (Friday) at La Cave du Moulin Vieux: tasting biodynamic Côte de Beaune with the winemaker from Domaine Jean Claude Rateau. From 5pm at 4 rue de la Butte aux Cailles, 75013.
- June 12 (Saturday) at La Cave du Moulin Vieux: tasting biodynamic Alsace Grand Cru with the winemaker from Domaine Sylvie Spielmann. From 10am-8pm at 4 rue de la Butte aux Cailles, 75013.
- June 12 (Saturday) at Cave Balthazar: tasting Châteauneuf du Pape 2008 “vieilles vignes” domaine de la Janasse and Bouzeron 2008 d’Aubert de Villaine. From 10am-1pm and from 4:30-8:30pm at 16 rue Jules Guesde, 75014.
- June 12 (Saturday) at La Dernière Goutte: Tasting of Basque whites – Jurançon Sec Cuvée Marie (Domaine Hours) 2008 et 2005 and Irouleguy Hegoxuri (Domaine Arretxea) 2008. Served with Basque cheeses and bread from Cosi. From 11am-7pm at 6 rue de Bourbon le Château, 75006.
A London-based production company is looking for diners to take part in a new television show fronted by Michel Roux Junior, who will be bringing seven trainees over from London to see how they cope with the formal dining service at the Michelin 2* restaurant Lasserre. Are you free for lunch on Tuesday June 15 at 13:00?
Participants must speak some French (to understand the menu and servers) and enough English to be able to share their opinions on camera. They must also be willing to pay €40 per head for a set 3-course lunch, excluding drinks. The normal lunch menu at Lasserre is €75.
- June 4 (Friday)at Le Vin en Tête Saint-Placide: Tasting Côtes de Duras with the winemaker from Chateau Haut-Lavigne (free). From 6:30-9pm at 53 rue Saint-Placide, 75006.
- June 5 (Saturday) at La Dernière Goutte: Tasting with Philippe Gourdon of Château de La Tour Grise and Philippe Gilbert of Domaine Gilbert-Menetou Salon (free). From 11am-7pm at 6 rue de Bourbon le Château, 75006.
- June 5 (Saturday) at Caves Augé: “Wonder Women” tasting, featuring female winemakers from all over France (free). From 11am-7pm at 116 boulevard Haussmann, 75008.
- June 5 (Saturday) at Le Vin en Tête Batignolles: Tasting Côtes de Duras with the winemaker from Chateau Haut-Lavigne (free). From 4-9pm at 30 rue des Batignolles, 75017.
- June 5 (Saturday) at Le Vin en Tête Saint-Placide: Inauguration party to celebrate the opening of this new location. Tastings with many different winemakers (free). From 10am-9pm at 53 rue Saint-Placide, 75006.
What: Chef Yannick Alléno (Le Meurice) will be cooking up burgers on the banks of the Seine. As reported earlier by Phyllis Flick, Alléno’s beef – both chuck and rib – will be supplied by Yves-Marie Le Bourdonnec from the renowned butchershop Le Couteau d’Argent in Asnières. Also on offer: veggie burgers and Zubrowka bison grass vodka from Gontran Cherrier, a duck burger from Romuald Sanfourch, and a dessert burger from Christophe Adam (Fauchon). Prices start at €6. This is the first in a series of “street food soirées” that will take place throughout the summer.