Here is a snapshot of our 50 favorite Paris restaurants, selected before the pandemic based on anonymous and repeat visits. We’ll be updating our guide as restaurants reopen during the summer of 2021.
Small Sharable Plates
Casual, youthful and relatively cheap. Creative compositions served in small format and often washed down with natural wines.
- Pompette (75009)
- Au Passage (75011)
- Le Grand Bain (75020)
- Ellsworth (75001)
- Clamato (75011)
- Freddy’s (75006)
Bistro food done right, with fresh ingredients and thoughtful technique.
- Juveniles (75001)
- La Bourse et La Vie (75002)
- Chez Michel (75010)
- Amarante (75012)
- L’Assiette (75014)
- Benoit (75004)
- Bistrot Paul Bert (75011)
- Le Villaret (75011)
- Arnaud Nicolas (75007)
- Mensae (75019)
- Le Maquis (classic bistro €€)
- Chez l’Ami Jean (classic bistro €€)
Modern & Creative Restaurants
Here you’ll find traditional French recipes or ingredients with a twist. There may be a tasting menu offered, but there are à la carte options, too.
- Le Saint-Sébastien (75011)
- Pantagruel (75002)
- Le Servan (75011)
- Les Enfants du Marché (75003)
- Tomy & Co. (75007)
- Papillon (75017)
- Hugo & Co. (75005)
While many of the restaurants categorized above are incorporating influences and ingredients from around the world, the following restaurants are decidedly (and deliciously) not French.
- Cheval d’Or (pan-Asian 75019)
- Le Rigmarole (Japanese / Italian 75011)
- Restaurant Passerini (Italian 75012)
- Pastore (Italian 75009)
Contemporary Tasting Menus
We’ve divided our favorites in this category according to how pricey the set menu is.
Innovative and no-choice tasting menus with optional wine pairings.
- Septime (75011) 42€ at lunch and 80€ at dinner
- Verjus (75001) 68€, dinner only
- Le Chateaubriand (75011) 70€, dinner only
- Restaurant Frenchie (75002) 45€ at lunch and 74€ at dinner
Pricier experiences featuring contemporary food & interiors with service that’s a bit more relaxed than you’ll find in a haute cuisine environment.
- Alliance (75005) 55€ at lunch and 120€ or 195€ at dinner
- Akrame (75008) 65€ at lunch and 120€ or 160€ at dinner
- Yam’tcha (75001) 135€ at dinner
- Le Grand Restaurant (75008) 85€ at lunch; 195€, 255€ or 560€ at dinner
- Astrance (75016) 70€ or 150€ at lunch and 230€ at dinner
- David Toutain (75007) 55€ or 80€ at lunch and 110€ at dinner
Here you’ll find extremely pricey tasting menus in extraordinary settings with very formal, old-school service. Lunch is usually half the price at these haute cuisine establishments.