Here is our short list of 35 favorite restaurants, based on anonymous and repeat visits. For the record, we never accept press invitations and we always pay full price. Feel free to share your reaction to this ranking and your own suggested favorites in the comments.
5 Favorite Classic Bistros
Bistro food done right, with fresh ingredients and thoughtful technique.
- La Bourse et La Vie (75002)
- Juveniles (75001)
- L’Assiette (75014)
- Bistrot Paul Bert (75011)
- Le Villaret (75011)
5 Favorite Modern & Creative Restaurants
Here you’ll find traditional French recipes or ingredients with a twist. There may be a tasting menu offered, but there are à la carte options, too.
Contemporary Tasting Menus
We’ve divided our favorites in this category according to how pricey the set menu is.
Innovative and no-choice tasting menus with optional wine pairings.
- Septime (75011) 42€ at lunch and 80€ at dinner
- Verjus (75001) 68€, dinner only
- Saturne (75002) 45€ or 85€ at lunch and 85€ at dinner
- Le Chateaubriand (75011) 70€, dinner only
- Restaurant Frenchie (75002) 45€ at lunch and 74€ at dinner
Pricier experiences featuring contemporary food & interiors with service that’s more relaxed than you’ll find in a haute cuisine environment.
- Akrame (75008) 65€ at lunch and 120€ or 160€ at dinner
- Yam’tcha (75001) 135€ at dinner
- Le Grand Restaurant (75008) 85€ at lunch; 195€, 255€ or 560€ at dinner
- Astrance (75016) 70€ or 150€ at lunch and 230€ at dinner
- David Toutain (75007) 55€ or 80€ at lunch and 110€ at dinner
5 Favorites for Haute Cuisine
Here you’ll find extremely pricey tasting menus in extraordinary settings with very formal, old-school service. Lunch is usually half the price at these establishments.
- Le Tour d’Argent (75005) 105€ at lunch and 350€ or 360€ at dinner
- Le Cinq (75008) 145€ or 210€ at lunch and 330€ at dinner
- Histoires (75016) 95€ or 240€ at lunch and 240€ or 350€ at dinner
- Ledoyen (75008) 145€ at lunch and 340€ or 580€ at dinner
- L’Arpège (75007) 145€ at lunch and 320€ or 390€ at dinner
5 Favorite for Small Sharable Plates
Casual, youthful and relatively cheap. Creative compositions served in small format and often washed down with natural wines.