Paris food & wine events for the weekend of December 10-12
- December 10 (Friday) at La Cuisine: A holiday party & book signing with three of our favorite Paris authors: contributing editor Alexander Lobrano (Hungry for Paris), David Lebovitz (Ready for Dessert) and Heather Stimmler-Hall (Naughty Paris). Stop by to say hello, sip Champagne, nibble Comté from 6-8pm at 80 quai de l’Hôtel de Ville, 75004.
Free Wine Tastings
- December 10 (Friday) at La Dernière Goutte: a free “2 1/2 Happy Hours” tasting with wine and cheese from 5-7:30pm at 6 rue de Bourbon le Château, 75006.
- December 11 (Saturday) at Les Caves Taillevent: a free tasting of suggested holiday wines, “Noël provençal: quels vins pour le sublimer?” From 10am-5pm at 199 rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré 75008.
- December 11 (Saturday) at La Dernière Goutte: a free tasting with Isabelle Champart from Mas Champart (Saint-Chinian), Jean Gardiés (Cotes du Roussillon Villages) and Champagne maker Franck Pascal, who will be pouring the prize-winning Sagesse Brut Nature and other bubbles. From 11am-7:30pm at 6 rue de Bourbon le Château, 75006.
Paid Wine Tastings
- December 10-11 (Friday & Saturday) at the Carrousel du Louvre: Le Grand Tasting, a two-day tasting event hosted by Bettane & Desseauve and featuring winemakers from all over France, including many top producers from Bordeaux, Burgundy, and Champagne (consult list here). The price of entry is €20 for one day and €25 for both days and includes a Riedel wine glass for tasting. From 10:30am-8:30pm on Friday and 10:30am-7:30pm on Saturday at 99 rue de Rivoli, 75001.
- December 10-12 (Friday, Saturday & Sunday) at L’Espace Beaujon: Buvons Nature, a tasting of vins natures (organic and unsulphered wines) featuring Giles et Catherine Vergé, Jean Pierre Robinot, Sébastien Riffaut, and many other producers. Entry for the public is €5 (and free for wine/restaurant industry folk). From 6pm on Friday night to 9pm on Sunday night (sorry, their details are not more specific than that) at 208 rue du Faubourg-Saint-Honoré, 75008.
- December 11-12 (Saturday & Sunday) on the river: Verre Bouteille, a tasting event that takes place on the péniche Melody, a river boat that’s docked across the Seine from the BNF (national library). Twenty-two producers will be on board to share their organic and biodynamic wines, including the Gourdons from Château Tour Grise as well as Pierre & Catherine Breton. Entry is €5 and includes a tasting glass. From 11am-8pm on Saturday and 10am-6pm on Sunday, on a boat near the Pont de Tolbiac on the eastern side of the Seine (map here).
For more food and wine happenings, check out our calendar of events.