Many people believe that this aging tea salon and pâtisserie serves the best chocolat chaud in Paris, but Angelina is also known for its Mont Blanc and other pastries.
Address: 226 rue de Rivoli, 75001
Nearest transport: Tuileries (1)
Hours: Open every day, 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Telephone: 01 42 60 82 00
[cetsEmbedGmap src=http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=202475318786031781734.0004a46eac9033f92e198&ll=48.864941,2.328973&spn=0.013862,0.038366&z=15 width=500 height=325 marginwidth=0 marginheight=0 frameborder=0 scrolling=no]View a map of all of our pastry shops here.
Our best efforts were made to ensure that information provided was accurate at time of publication. Have a correction or update? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Reviews of interest
- Time Out (2012) “Epicurean delights include the Mont Blanc dessert, a ball of meringue covered in whipped cream and sweet chestnut, and, for those with a waistline to watch, a brand new sugar- and butter-free brioche aux fruits rouges.”
- Dorie Greenspan (2011) “Over the years, Angelina has refreshed the look of their signature dessert [the Mont Blanc] — this current version is from pastry chef Sebastien Bauer — but they’ve always kept its elements…”
- Barbra Austin (2009) “…most everyone else is there for one reason and one reason only: The chocolat chaud,…They are famous for it and it’s easy to see why. It’s served in a cup, it’s pourable, and you can drink it, but to call this rich, chocolaty concoction a beverage in the same category as coffee or tea is stretching it. This is a dessert, really.”
- Dorie Greenspan (2009) “The richest chocolat chaud is at Angelina’s.”
- David Lebovitz (2006) “…the place is always packed-full of French society women and tourists side-by-side spooning up their gloriously rich, and impossibly thick, le Chocolat Africain.”