Address: 34 rue Yves Toudic, 75010
Nearest transport: Jacques Bonsergent (5)
Hours: Monday-Friday 6:45am-8pm; Closed Saturday, Closed Sunday
Telephone: 01 42 40 44 52
[cetsEmbedGmap src=http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=202475318786031781734.0004a45752cd550751849&ll=48.871292,2.363605&spn=0.01386,0.038366&z=15 width=500 height=325 marginwidth=0 marginheight=0 frameborder=0 scrolling=no]View a map of all of our bakeries here.
Reviews of interest
- Hipsters in Paris (2013) “It really is one of those dream Paris addresses that one (naïvely) expects to find on every street corner, with a goal to preserve time-honoured baking traditions and churn out exceptional product.”
- Food Intelligence (2011) A video from Bruno Verjus profiling Vasseur’s products & philosophy.
- Gilles Pudlowski (2011) “…il y aussi le pain au blé, celui au seigle ou aux châtaignes, issus de levain. Plus les jolies viennoiseries: pain au raisin, chausson aux pommes fraîches, palmier croustillant ou encore crumbles et – tartelettes aux fruits. Bref, une belle demeure avec son artisan hors norme…”
- Barbra Austin (2010) “Formed by hand and given a slow rise, these are loaves with character…”
- Croque-Camille (2010) “Yes, I’ve already written about Du Pain et des Idées, but that was before I became a regular…It is safe to say that I have by now sampled all their products…”
- Meg Zimbeck for Budget Travel (2009) “Vasseur’s wildly popular pain des amis (friendship bread) makes me want to move to the neighborhood. Light but chewy, with a nutty fragrance and deliciously charred bottom—it’s one of the best I’ve ever tried.”
- David Lebovitz (2008) “One of my absolute favorite bakeries in Paris…”
- Clotilde Dusoulier (2008) Recommended in Clotilde’s Edible Adventures in Paris.