A singular candy shop, run by the singular Denise Acabo, stocking chocolates by Bernachon, Bonnat, and Leroux (and many more), and old-fashioned candies from all over France. Go.
Address: 30 rue Pierre Fontaine, 75009
Nearest transport: Blanche (2)
Hours: Closed Sunday, Call beforehand on Mondays for hours
Telephone: 01 48 74 59 55
View larger map View a map of all of our chocolate and candy shops here.
Reviews of interest
- David Lebovitz (2012) “Every time I go into her shop, I am helpless against Madame Acabo’s charms and I always leave with something special tucked in my bag…”
- Caroline Mignot (2009) “…une confiserie d’antan à goûter absolument…confiseries venues des 4 coins de la France et des derniers siècles écoulés…”
- David Lebovitz (2007) “Her shop is amazing and I could easily spend hours poking through all the glass jars and metal tins lining the glass shelves…”
- David Lebovitz (2005) “With her braided pig-tails, necktie, and crisply-pleated kilt, Denise is the sweetest woman in Paris…an ethereal selection of artisan confections and chocolates from France.”
- Clotilde Dusoulier (2004) “Blinking with disbelief, I slowly walk around, taking it all in. The chocolate bars and bites, the calissons, the bonbons, the almonds, the pralines, the nougatine, specialties from all around the Great Kingdom of France, the jams, the tea, the biscuits…”