Régis’ fantastic oysters come from the Marenne-Oleron and are available for dégustation on the spot in the pale blue and white dining room, or to take home. Included in our list of Five Great Places for Oysters.
Address: 3 rue Montfaucon, 75006
Nearest transport: Mabillon (10)
Hours: Closed Monday; there’s also a lengthy annual summer closing
Reservations: Not accepted
Telephone: 01 44 41 10 07
View larger map View a map of all of our restaurants here.
Average price for lunch: 20-34€
Average price for dinner: 20-34€
Style of cuisine: Classic French
Special attributes: prix-fixe, prestige ingredients, standout seafood, outdoor dining, good for solo dining, open Sunday, takeaway available
Type of crowd: foodies, neighborhood locals, tourists
Interior: charming & traditional
Reviews of interest
- Patricia Wells (2011) “From the moment you approach this spotless, all white postage-stamp sized oyster bar, you know that you are in for a treat. Clean, briny, top-of-the line oysters are what you will find here…”
- Alexander Lobrano (2009) “…We were happily settled in this vest pocket dining room with whitewashd walls, waiting for the amiable oyster shucker to prepare our feast, two dozen Speciales de Claire Garnier No. 3…Served with good bread and Echire butter, these plump bivalves had a sublime taste of the sea…”
- Barbra Austin (2009) “…stepping off the shopping streets of the 6th into Régis feels like entering a pristine little seaside cottage with white wood, shades of blue, and a fishing net draped across the ceiling.
- Dorie Greenspan (2008) “…if you’re not up for a whole plateau, have oysters and a glass of Sancerre at my favorite oyster bar, Huitrerie Régis…”
- The New York Times (2007) “To specialize, Huîtrerie Régis really must sell the best oysters possible and charge whatever makes sense, assuming people will bear the cost. And they do. The place is often packed…”