An absolute favorite
Part of the new wave of cafés, Coutume serves serious coffee drinks along with light & healthy lunch fare.
Address: 47 rue Babylone, 75007
Nearest transport: Vaneau (10) or Saint François Xavier (13)
Hours: Tuesday-Friday, 8am-8pm; Saturday-Sunday, 10am-5pm
Reservations: Recommended for brunch
Telephone: 01 45 51 50 47
Average price for lunch: 10-19€
Style of cuisine: soups, salads & sandwiches
Our best efforts were made to ensure that information provided was accurate at time of publication. Have a correction or update? Send it to email@example.com.
Reviews of interest
- Lindsey Tramuta-Morel (2013) “A Franco-Australian duo is behind this mega successful coffee operation which swells with both neighborhood regulars and out-of-towners the second the doors open. You can also find their house-roasted coffee…in many restaurants across the city. Siphon is one of their many claims to fame.”
- Emmanuel Rubin – Figaroscope (2012) “…cafés (et variations) pleins de sentiment. Petites et pimpantes nourritures sucrés-salées…”
- Charles Patin O’Coohoon – L’Express (2012) “…rustique mais rudement bon. Le gâteau de carottes est un space cake juste épicé et garni d’une formidable crème vanillé…Avec le grand cru du Kenya, extrait par dépression au siphon, on la boit bien volontiers…”
- Croque Camille (2011) “…something of a coffee-geek’s paradise, with single-origin beans roasted to perfection on the premises, and your choice of any brewing method…The breakfast formule, with three mini-viennoiseries, hot beverage of your choice, and a glass of freshly-squeezed juice, is a decent buy, especially for this neighborhood.”
- Barbra Austin – Girls’ Guide to Paris (2011) “The coffee is the big draw at Coutume, but it’s become one of my favorite spots for a light lunch…The attention to detail and freshness carries over into the colorful menu of organic salads and soups.”