View Picnicking on the Champ de Mars/in front of the Eiffel Tower in a larger map
Below you’ll find our suggestions for where to pick up food and wine before a picnic on the Champ de Mars (in front of the Eiffel Tower).
- Marie-Anne Cantin - One of the most elegant cheese shops in Paris.
- Laurent Dubois - Fromager Laurent Dubois is a Meilleur Ouvrier de France.
- Poilâne - One of the great bakeries of Paris, and not a baguette to be found. The slightly sour miche can be ordered by the tranche (slice) and makes for a fabulous edible plate.
- Maison Desgranges - Yves Desgranges placed fourth in the 2010 Grand Prix de la Baguette.
- Les Gourmandises d’Eiffel - Baker Gilles Levaslot finished 6th in the 2011 Grand Prix de la Baguette.
- Grégory Renard - A favorite for macarons, especially the salted butter caramel and the gooseberry with poppy flower.
- Jean-Paul Hévin - Whether you go for a pastry or a box of perfect bonbons and truffles, Jean-Paul Hévin is a must for any chocolate lover.
- Sadaharu Aoki - Master pâtissier Sadaharu Aoki combines French techniques and Japanese flavors.
We’re completely dry on this one.
Nothing in the immediate vicinity that we can strongly endorse, but La Grande Épicerie is one-stop shopping and their giant cave is only a 20 minute bus ride away. Send us your ideas at firstname.lastname@example.org and we may add them to the list!